- A Navy Clutch with a Black DressPosted 2 months ago
- Should Men Wear UGGs?Posted 2 months ago
- Our Favourite: Buffalo Plaid Herschel TotePosted 3 months ago
- Suede Heels for the Fall!Posted 4 months ago
- Letter Belt BucklesPosted 4 months ago
- Wool Oxfords!Posted 4 months ago
- Blue Leather Fold-Over ClutchPosted 4 months ago
- MICHAEL Michael Kors Zipper Buckle BootPosted 4 months ago
What Shoes Should I Wear With Skinny Jeans?
Overheard today on the elevator: “What shoes should I wear with skinny jeans?” – and since blurting out random advice to strangers is frowned upon, we decided to answer this question here.
As usual, there is no easy cut and dry answer, it depends.
Generally, you can wear almost any type of shoes with skinny jeans, and choosing the shoe should factor in three things (as well as the obvious, such as colour, or not wearing heels if you are going to be walking a lot).
1. What kind of a silhouette are you going for?
2. How dressy and/or casual do you want to be?
3. What’s the weather like?
Sneakers: Some people love the big sneakers with the skinny jeans (especially the wedge sneakers), and this can be cute, but be aware that it can also look a little bit like marshmallows on toothpicks and can shorten the leg.
Boots: Mid calf boots can also shorten the leg. Tall boots look universally amazing with skinny jeans, but people with wide calves may have more trouble finding the right boots that fit.
What shoes don’t work with skinny jeans?
* Crickets *
Actually, shoes with an ankle strap look weird with skinny jeans, they should be worn with full jeans or better yet, something that shows off the whole shoe.